Board of Supervisors
- 7 p.m.
- 3rd and 4th Tuesday of each month
- Municipal Building
1929 Route 519
Canonsburg, PA 15317
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Board of Supervisors is the governing body of North Strabane Township and is comprised of five members elected at large who serve for staggered six year terms.
- Neil Kelly, Chairman
- Emily Holmes, Vice-Chairman
- Harold Close, Board Member
- Marcus Staley, Board Member
- Bob Ross, Board Member
The powers and duties of the Supervisors are specifically set forth and delegated under the Second Class Township Code. These include, in part:
- Adoption of the Annual Budget
- Adoption of Land Use
- Imposition of Tax Rates
- Maintenance of Streets and Roads
- Regulation of Public Safety and Health
- Subdivision and Zoning Regulations
The Board of Supervisors also appoints all members to the various boards and commissions.
The daily operation and management of the Township is vested in an administrative staff consisting of:
- Director of Community Development
- Administrative Assistants
- Building Inspectors
- Code Enforcement Officer
The staff is responsible to insure that policies and decisions of the Board are implemented. Additional responsibilities include coordinating departmental activities, monitoring budgetary revenues and expenditures, providing customer service and providing support/liaison services to various Township advisory boards.