Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
North Strabane Township
Department of Building Code Enforcement
1929 Route 519 S
Canonsburg, PA 15317
Construction drawings are necessary to obtain a building permit for most structures. Only complete applications that include construction drawings and other required documents, as described below, will be accepted for review.
Once plans are submitted, any revision to the project that alters the original description must be approved. This checklist is provided to insure you have all materials necessary to submit for your project. This checklist will be used to review your application submittal for acceptance. Plans will not be accepted if the checklist is not followed.
An unlicensed person may prepare plans for one and two story wood-framed single family dwellings, accessory structures, and decks in conformance with conventional construction provisions; however, the Building Code Official may require some structural plans and specifications by a licensed engineer or architect. An architect or engineer, registered in the State of Pennsylvania as, must prepare calculations, plans, and specifications for any other project.
1. Signed and sealed survey or survey waiver.
2. Site Plan showing the dimensions and setbacks of existing and proposed structures.
3. Certificate of Workers Compensation, listing Township as the certificate holder, or waiver.
4. Completed Deck Supplemental.
5. Proof of property ownership. (Deed/Tax Receipt)
6. Home Owners Association letter of approval, if applicable.
7. Two complete sets of architectural / structural drawings to include a plan view, side views and front view along with sufficient detail to review for code compliance.
I hereby certify that all the statements contained above are, to the best of my knowledge, true and correct and hereby apply for a building permit to perform the work on the premises as described above. I further understand that I must comply with the provisions of all laws and ordinances as adopted by the Township and the Unified Construction Code of Pennsylvania.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field